Easy, fast, and by far the best version of the recipe I’ve tried so far. In fact, I had TWO servings of this scrumptious microwave apple crisp today. Which makes me wonder why I didn’t just make a whole batch…but whatever. If you’re craving some apple crisp but don’t want to peel a lot of apples or what for it to bake in the oven, then give this a try!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick-cooking)
- 1 Tbsp flour
- dash of cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled, and sliced
- In a small dish, microwave butter in 10 second intervals until melted (mine took about 30 seconds).
- Stir sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon into melted butter until combined. It may seem very dry, but keep stirring! Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, microwave apple slices for 1.5-2.5 minutes until apple is tender. My microwave only took 1.5 minutes, but adjust the time according to your microwave strength and personal preference on apple tenderness.
- Spoon topping over apple slices and enjoy!