Well it’s official, we’re moving! This news is actually unsurprising considering Nate and I have moved 5 times in the past 4 years, but this time is different. We’re moving about 2 hours from our current location to an actual HOUSE, with a yard and a basement and a washer/dryer. The old farm house is situated on 5 acres of land, and while it will take some work to make it a cozy home, I’m very excited at all the possibilities!
A lot of plus sides:
- A yard for the dog to play in
- Space to build a nice big garden and even compost
- A washer/dryer in the house
- The kitchen and storage space to bake and can our own foods
- Lower monthly bills
- A kitchen with a window and full size oven (no more apartment sized stove!)
- Possibly the beginning of our very own homestead! We may even be taking care of some chickens out there
A few down sides:
- The basement needs cleaned up and sealed
- Chicken coups need built
- The yard needs cleaned up and we’ll have to maintain it (we’ve never needed to mow the grass in an apartment)
- No shower (but there is a jacuzzi tub so I really do think this will be OK once I get used to it)
- Larger space to clean
Overall the up sides outweigh any negatives. I see it as a fresh start, a new adventure, and a chance to get back to nature and pursue a life I fully love and enjoy. Bring on the future!